Lastick Alusheiled is carrierless self adhesive waterproofing membrane made of elastomeric bitumen compound and Aluminium foil surface. The underface is composed of a silicone split-back release paper , it is highly recommended for metal sheets waterproofing and repair works of diffrent substrates
Major Features :
- Excellent solar reflectance ( Aluminum surfacing )
- Safe Application ( Flameless )
- Easy to use ( Self Adhesive )
- Environmentally Friendly ( No Waste )
- Fast Application
- Good tear and puncture resistance
- Excellent tensile strength in both longitudinal and transverse direction
- Good resistance to water & vapor
- Excellent adhesion to vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Multi purpose waterproofing membrane
- It can also be used as a flashing on up-stands
Method of Application :
- Peel off the release film from the self adhesive side.
- Start unrolling the membrane and press it to the surface.
- Smoothen the membrane from the center to the edges with a wooden press in order to remove any entrapped air.
- Use iron roller to ensure a proper and strong adhesion of the bitumen compound with the base surface.
- Side overlaps shall be a minimum of 50mm on the selvedge and end overlaps 100mm.
- When used as a flashing membrane on up-stands and parapets, Lastick Alushield membrane will be lapped with the base membrane and taken up on the up-stand and tucked inside the groove cut along the parapet wall. The tucked membrane will be sealed with a bitumen mastic sealant.
Storage & Handling :
Lastick Alushield rolls should be kept in an upright position in a flat, properly ventilated and sheltered storage area away from sunrays.